I'm NaKyle Wright, a software developer from Tulsa, OK.
I'm currently working at Summit ESP creating software and hardware solutions for every area of our business. I'm focused on manufacturing, supply chain, and equipment testing. If you're interested, here is a cliff notes version of my life.
The Early Years:
- 1990: Bornt in Arkansas, name choice: random.
- 1994: Here's a gameboy! Make sure you don't fill it with playdoh! He fills it with playdoh.
- 1995: Introduced to Star Wars, discovered I wanted to grow up to be an astromech droid.
- 1997: Enrolled in the "School For Boys Wot Has Trouble With Colors And Can't See No Good". Don't be sad though, here's a Nintendo 64, play Zelda and Megaman forever!
- 1999: New Star Wars, Jar Jar is hilarious, still second best to R2D2 tho! I'm still coming to terms with this...
- 2001: That nintendo is getting pretty rough, time for PlayStation 2! Later you're going to play so much Star Ocean and Battlefront 2 that I think it might permanently alter your brain. But for now GTA and FFX will have to do. Also, there's gonna be a band class in September that's hard to deal with, so you're gonna need it.
- 2002: Time to trade these Yu-Gi-Oh! cards I've been collecting to a dude in history class for a GameBoy Advance and begin my Pokemon addiction.
- 2003: Did you know that you can make computers do all kinds of stuff, like copy your Weird Al cds! First we just need to free up some space on... oh... not allowed to use grandma's computer anymore...
The Internet Age:
- 2005: It's dial-up time, grandma finally let's me back on the computer! I also meet some weirdo but it turns out he'll be my best friend for a long time.
- 2006: Various uncles give me some books, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Steal This Computer Book. One inspired me to write comedy sci-fi stories on my thrift store Palm Zire and dream of one day owning a mac, the other lead me to install Back Orifice on most of my high school's computers... Note: some high school students will gladly pay you in candy bars and respect if you teach them how to prank each other from the other side of campus.
- 2007: First job! I serve popcorn and fix film projectors at the local theater. I also try out Python purely based on the Monty Python references. Struggled with floating point and promptly gave up.
- 2009: I spend every day at work watching youtube on a ThinkPad R500 before I graduate highschool and move back to Arkansas. I try installing Ubuntu, I am lost in the wilderness, send help.
- 2010: After spending awhile working at a Walmart tire and lube I quit and go to college! Around this time I also started to get hooked on a very dangerous game. Minecraft...
- 2011: Whirlwind, I've started college hate it, spent some time petting doggos and kitties at an animal shelter love it, and ended up with my first IT job replacing hardware in the belly of the beast. it's okay
I enjoy learning about different file formats and writing parsers and generators for them. I also like working with hardware like the ESP8266 for little automation projects.
I use this site to post about things I find interesting or important, and sometimes just personal things I'd like to share.